Collection: part 2

reflection

13th June 2017 TUESDAY

• It was the first day of the project — Self portrait. I should describe myself by 7 different tasks.So the first thing I did was do a mind map which could help me organize the thought.

• First,I was trying to show my feeling — loneliness.Because it was my first time study London where I have never been.Every thing was different from my hometown,like, language,culture and people.
  • Then I went outside and tried to find some places which could help me to show the loneliness. Stair was an excellent place. I took some photos form there. And connected two photos by photoshop. Half of the photo was bright and the other side was dark. Unfortunately, the contract between two sides was unattractive.That is the reason why I did not choose it. Besides, there was too many people choose stair as the location.
  • after that,I decided  choose the bathroom as the location. Because bathroom made me feel calm and safe due to narrow and quiet.I could do anything in bathroom. And the hair band was the most important props for me, it could represent me totally. Because what impressed people most was the hair band when others look at me for the first sight.Then I put the hair band in my mouth which means I do not want to communicate with others due to unfamiliar and language problems.
  • Finally, I drew a big fake smile in my face , wore red cloth and put the household item in the bathroom. Because I had to smile for make friends. I wanted show the contract between the real me and the fake me.People always protect self by ‘smile’

15th June 2017 THURSDAY

1234567.jpg

TITLE

• REAL AND FAKE
  • TWO
  • SMILE
  • TWO WORLDS
  • MASK

34567890.jpg.1

• I was trying to do a collage with my printed image.So,i cut the photos first and constituted a big mouth which was connected with the project self portrait.Then,I put my printed image in two different place — closestool and my face.The reason why I put it in closetool is that I should remind me to protect myself by this mouth even in toilet.After that,I held it in my hand and tried to covered my whole face.The action look like a demonstration when people paraded the main street. And I just wanted to show this feeling to people.

19th June 2017 Monday

• Our project was ‘ this place’ which talk about kings cross. After historical introduction, I went to the outside (CSM) with group partners.Then did lots of drawings and photos.The final outcome which I will do was related to signpost. 
  • When I drew the first drawing about rubbish bin,I was not really sure what I should do. So this one was irrelevant to my project.
  • After I had a short tutorial with tutor,I cleared my mind and drew many things about signpost.
  • The first page was talking about the form/apperaence of my signpost.It could be formal,like the car sign or notice board,also could be abstract,for example,the sculpture which looks like a swimmer.The public could be directed by the sharp hand.In addition, the letter graffiti could help people find the direction by the lines.
  • The second page was talking about the area where was the destination people will go.The public could go everywhere followed this signpost,like bookshelves ,small waterfall and boat where are close with kings cross.The reason why I wanted to lead people to this destinations is that the weather of London was too hot today.This destinations could help people get relax and right temperature.
  • The question about this two page was that I did not write any key words or evaluations which could help people know what I did better.The next thing I should do is write some evaluation and my ideas in sketchbook.

14th June 2017 Wednesday

• Today, I was trying to show my feeling by body language.So that, I made a big red mouth.And tried to communicate with it.That means I really wanted to talk with others.But the truth was that the only thing face with me was the fake mouth.Also that is the serious of the 3 image,because the mood of this photos was different.From angry to helplessness. 
  • Then I did the collage by crop the image.I drew a big university doorway as the background cause everything was happened in school.And in the middle of the page, a people who represents friend stand by there and was surrounded by me,But there was some distance between us,which means I really want close with her ,but the distance usually appeared. 

• After that I made my project outcome. That was my favorite photos of all. Because I thoughts the concept of this image is directly. The reason why I chose the public toilet was people. Toilet was a public place, every student would go to there. I had to wear my ‘smile mask’ in the toilet, even I thought is a private time. And there were two people in the photo. The real one only had a back and hair ,the fake one had the whole face.That means the only thing I show to public is not the real me.

16th June 2017 Friday

In the morning, I learned 3 different drawing skills which could help me do more interesting sketches.
The first one was blind drawing ,which drew something by listening others description rather than watching by eyes. It was a quiet interesting methods ,cause I did not know what I drew after the description , and the results sometime looks hilarious.
  • Then ,blind drawing by touch was another amusing technique. I drew my partner’s portrait by touching her face.The outcome which I drew was my favorite. It looks very abstract at the first sight. But you could know what is my real drawing after see it carefully
  • The final skill was drawing by changing the angle.I was trying to draw different angles item by red,orange and green lines. Unfortunately, the outcome was mess and uncomfortable. It was resulted by my drawing ability perhaps.